Friday, May 3, 2013

For the One who called you is FAITHFUL.

Yesterday's reading in The Indwelling Life of Christ fit perfectly with this season of life:

"He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:24
Now if God has called you, and if God Himself will accomplish what He has called you to, what could possibly be illogical about anything to which He calls you? 

"It is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." Philippians 2:13
If God has willed it, and if God Himself is going to work in you to bring about what He wills, what could possibly be illogical about any part of His will for your life? 

Well...when you put it that way, I don't know! But in the moment, I have so. much. trouble. trusting God.

I started learning Spanish with Rosetta Stone in 3rd grade, and began actual Spanish classes in 5th grade. That was 11 years ago. Today, I sat in my last Spanish class ever, and I thought to myself, "You called me to it, and You did it, God!"

And before I start sounding like the obedient child who willingly follows her Father's call, let me tell you that I followed His call to get my Spanish major kicking and screaming. And crying. It has been the most discouraging process and one of great warfare with the Enemy. I have had Spanish professors tell me to my face that I was not good enough for a class, that missionaries have terrible Spanish, that I shouldn't be in this major. My love for Spanish grew out of my love for Guatemala, the Hispanic people, and my heart for the orphan. And even now, so far, this major has only caused unnecessary stress and limited my future job options. But that is in man-logic.

God-logic shows me that through this major, He taught me more than I ever dreamed about my identity in Christ, my victory in Him and not my grades, and His faithfulness to provide everything I need to do what He called me to. Though there are no immediate rewards for finishing 11 years of Spanish, that is not the mind of our God. God says that He called me to persevere through this major, and that He would demonstrate His faithfulness by carrying it through to completion.

Our God works beyond man-logic, into divine-logic.
Our God has plans far beyond our carnal dreams of money and success.
Our God is after our hearts.

What is the Lord calling you to today? Are you submitting to His will and following, trusting that He will provide for your every step?

Or are you arguing and complaining- showing him your Excel sheets and pro/con lists in an attempt to prove the absurdity of His call?

I encourage you to rest in His promises today, for whatever thing He has called you to. For the One who called you is faithful, and He will do it.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN Molly!

    Be it simply the lessons you learned in the midst of your kicking, screaming, crying, discouraging professors or the possibility that God will surprise you in the future with an unexpected opportunity to put into practice the 11 years you invested into the language, you can know indeed that God had and has a good plan.

    I love you! Another great post!
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete